A light summer dessert & vegan energy boost!
Coconut lovers, you are in for a treat! This isn’t your average coconut cookie… I’ve included finely shredded coconut, coconut flour, Regenerative Organic Certified™ Virgin Coconut Oil, and Smooth Coconut Praline Magic All-One Chocolate for a blend of coconut harmony—just in time for summer.
Why the coconut craze? Well, besides the sweet & creamy taste, coconuts, and everything made from them (like coconut flour and coconut oil) have great health benefits. Coconuts provide a healthy source of easily digestible fiber and healthy fats and contain numerous vitamins that boost your immune system. Because of this, you may notice these cookies give you a bit of an energy boost, making a great on-the-go summer snack. Personally, I love all things coconut, and it’s the light & airy taste that always makes me think of summer.
These magic cookies are perfect for July 4th or any summer occasion, whether it’s serving friends & family at your holiday barbeque or taking solo to the beach for a picnic. Plus, the vegan & gluten-free recipe comes in handy when sharing with loved ones who follow dairy-free, celiac, or paleo diets. I’ve used Kosher salt too, for my friends following a Kosher diet. For a full summer feel, I like pairing this recipe with strawberries and blueberries as a fruity complement to the moist cookie.
Because the recipe uses finely shredded coconuts, the result is a light cookie consistency—a new take on the traditional coconut macaroon. The whole recipe from start to finish should take you one hour and is simple enough for folks with no baking experience. One tip to keep in mind while baking is the cookies should look golden on top when ready to be pulled out of the oven. After golden, the Smooth Coconut Praline bar melts very easily and can be drizzled on top with just a regular kitchen spoon.
Questions or feedback on this recipe? I’d love to hear from you! Comment below or tag us on social media @drbronner with your take on this summertime sweet treat.
- 1 ¾ C. blanched organic almond flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp fine kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Dr Bronner’s Regenerative Organic Certified™ (ROC™) Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup, room temperature
- 1.5 TBSP organic vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely shredded organic coconut
- 1/2 bar Dr. Bronner’s Magic All-One Chocolate Smooth Coconut Praline, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large mixing bowl, measure almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, sea salt, and shredded coconut.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup, melted coconut oil together. Add vanilla. Note… If the maple syrup is cold, it will make the coconut oil harden. The maple syrup can be warmed before mixing to avoid this.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
5. On a parchment-lined sheet pan, roll dough into balls and slightly press into cookie shape.
6. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden in color.
7. Let sit on baking sheet for 15 minutes then remove gently to a wire rack and let cool.
8. While cookies are cooling, melt 1/2 bar of Smooth Coconut Praline.
9. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Let chocolate set and cool.