Dr. Bronner’s Global ‘Heal Earth!’ Campaign to Promote Regenerative Organic Agriculture in Celebration of Earth Day on April 22
Top-Selling Natural Soap Brand Highlights Regenerative Organic Supply Chain Solutions for Climate Resilience
March 23, 2023
DUBLIN, IRELAND – Dr. Bronner’s, family-owned maker of the top-selling natural brand of soap which is distributed in more than 40 countries around the world, will launch the ‘Heal Earth!’ campaign in April 2023, in recognition of Earth Month. ‘Heal Earth!’ will highlight the importance of Regenerative Organic Agriculture for a more sustainable and eco-friendly future. The ‘Heal Earth!’ campaign involves worldwide educational events, promotions, product giveaways, and social media campaigns, with Dr. Bronner’s global partners using online retail, web, social media, and community spaces to educate the public about the collective need to ‘Heal Earth!’
“Dr. Bronner’s is committed to promoting regenerative organic agriculture and practicing it within our supply chain for all of our plant-based products,” says Michael Bronner, President of Dr. Bronner’s and grandson of company founder, Emanuel Bronner. “Through our dedication to sourcing from suppliers who have achieved the Regenerative Organic Certification, we have the potential to reverse climate change by sequestering carbon and creating rich, healthy soil. We hope others will join us in our journey to ‘Heal Earth’ and promote regenerative organic agriculture as we celebrate Earth Month together in 2023.”
This April, go green and “Heal Earth!” with a range of Dr. Bronner’s products including:
Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Liquid Soap 240ml – €10.95
Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps are good for just about any cleaning task. Face, body and hair as well as food, dishes, laundry, mopping, pets, and cleaning your house. No synthetic preservatives, detergents or foaming agents. Just remember to dilute, dilute, dilute!
Packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle that is also recyclable, this liquid soap is available in Unscented Baby Mild and nine other scents, including Peppermint, Lavender, Green Tea, Cherry Blossom, Eucalyptus, Citrus, Almond, Rose, and Tea Tree. Also available as an All-One Pure-Castile Bar Soap (€6.95), some of the 18 uses include;
- Household Tasks – Cleaning floors, windows, kitchen and bathroom.
- Pet Shampoo – Soak the fur of your four-legged friend.
- Stain Remover – Lather one or two drops of soap on a sponge.
- Dishwashing Liquid – For those on clean up duty, citrus scent recommended.
- Laundry Handwash – Washing clothes, home fabric items.
- Make Up Brush Cleaner – Perfect for cleaning cosmetic, make-up brushes.
Check out the full 18-in-1 uses and information on how to dilute:
Dr. Bronner’s Whole Kernel Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO) – €14.95
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is expeller-pressed from the fresh, carefully dried coconut kernel, which gives it a mild, delicious aroma. Versatile and healthy, VCO can be used for stir-frying, soups, sauces, baking, deserts, and body care.
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is produced in Sri Lanka’s “Coconut Triangle” by Dr. Bronner’s sister company, Serendipol. Serendipol was founded by Dr. Bronner’s in the company’s ongoing effort to create a cleaner supply chain by sourcing all of their major raw ingredients from certified fair trade and certified organic sources. Working with more than 1,200 farmers farming 20,000 acres organically to improve soil fertility and increased yields, Serendipol also employs 250 workers and professional staff processing up to 30 million coconuts a year who enjoy working conditions and compensation uncommon in the industry.
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Peppermint Hand Hygiene Spray – €6.95
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Peppermint Hand Hygiene Spray is a home and hand-bag essential that can be used on-the-go, on buses and trains to help combat cold and flu season. The organic and fair trade peppermint oil used is sourced from Pavitramenthe, Dr. Bronner’s partner in Bareilly, India, where more than 1,500 farmers utilize regenerative organic agriculture practices.
The Organic Peppermint Hand Hygiene Spray contains the active ingredient, ethyl alcohol, which is 99.9% effective against germs, while the peppermint oil leaves behind an uplifting scent. Organic glycerin, which naturally draws moisture into the skin, is added to the hand spray rather than synthetic petrochemical thickeners, leaving a smooth after-feel that is not sticky or drying. Dr. Bronner’s Organic Hand Hygiene Spray is also available in a calming Lavender scent.
Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds – from €15.95
The Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds is not a soap but instead is a concentrated hard-surface all-purpose cleaner. Made from plant-based surfactants with natural fir needle and spruce essential oils, without any synthetic dyes, fragrances or preservatives. Sal Suds is the ultimate multi-purpose cleaner, great for just about any household task. Cruelty-free and biodegradable, use a couple of tablespoons of Sal-Suds for an average load of laundry, dilute with water to sponge down countertops or to mop your floor, or even mix with baking soda to make a powerful scouring agent for bathtubs and sinks.
Dr. Bronner’s works to ‘Heal Earth!’ by:
- Making socially and environmentally responsible products of the highest quality.
- Sourcing all its major raw materials for its biodegradable, plant-based products from certified organic and certified fair trade projects around the world.
- Supporting thousands of smallholder farmers, including from Ghana (palm oil), Palestine and Israel (olive oil), Sri Lanka (coconut oil).
- Working directly with farmers to increase knowledge and skills for implementation of Regenerative Organic Agriculture, which entail carbon-sequestering farming practices such as minimal tillage, diverse crop rotation, composting, and cover cropping
- Donating all profits not needed for business development. In 2022, Dr. Bronner’s gave away an estimated $8.5 million to support activist and charitable causes.
Dr. Bronner’s has also made the following climate pledges to continue to improve the company’s impact on the Earth.
- Climate Positivity: Climate Positive by 2025
- Zero Waste: Zero Waste by 2027 for the brand’s manufacturing facility meaning only 10% of waste will head to landfill as an industry standard.
- Renewable Power: In addition to sourcing 100% renewable power, Dr. Bronner’s will be installing more onsite solar and purchasing Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) in 2023. Additionally, by 2024, the company hopes to procure 100% Green Power, which means procuring or purchasing the total amount of the company’s electricity demand from renewable sources (e.g. onsite solar & RECs) beyond what is already offered through the energy utility company.
- Transportation: Dr. Bronner’s will continue to adopt multi-modal forms of transportation, from inbound shipping of raw materials to delivery of finished goods, to reduce the company’s environmental footprint and greenhouse gas emissions, while optimizing efficiencies along the supply chain. To that end, moving cargo on ocean and railroads, and consolidating cargo on over-the-road trucking, while avoiding high-cost polluting air-freight will continue to be prioritized.
- Responsible Packaging: Dr. Bronner’s will continue to reimagine plastic use and reduce the company’s plastic footprint by piloting packaging alternatives to plastic and refill options at U.S. domestic retailers by 2023, and expand internationally in the coming years.
Check out information on how to dilute Sal-Suds: from https://www.drbronner.com/all-one-blog/2018/07/sal-suds-dilution-cheat-sheet/
Notes to Editors:
About Dr. Bronner’s
Founded in the U.S. in 1948, Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America and a leading brand worldwide. The company is an independent, family-owned business based in California, committed to honouring the vision of founder Emanuel Bronner by making socially and environmentally responsible personal care and food products of the highest quality, and by dedicating profits to help make a better world. Dr. Bronner’s commitment to social justice, environmental sustainability, and progressive business practices is part of the company’s mission to put into practice the “All-One” philosophy printed on the company’s iconic soap labels. The company caps executive salaries at 5 times its lowest paid fully vested position and donates all profits not needed for business development. Dr. Bronner’s generated approximately $169 million in revenue in 2022 and gave an estimated $8.5 million to fund charity and activism. In 2022, a bottle or bar of Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile soap was sold, on average, every 0.95 seconds. 2023 marks the 75th anniversary of the company.
Further Information on Dr. Bronner’s:
Since 2008, Dr. Bronner’s has been certified Fair Trade for all major raw materials (representing over 95% of annual agricultural volume) by the respected Swiss Certifier IMO. Shifting supply chains to use certified Fair Trade ingredients makes a big difference in the lives of several thousand farmers and workers —and is money well spent. Along with their families and communities, farmers and workers benefit from fair prices, living wages and funding for local development projects.
Certified Under the USDA National Organic Program
Organic Integrity in body care means that the main ingredients as well as secondary ingredients in an organic labeled or branded product are certified organic, produced in compliance with the National Organic Program. Dr. Bronner’s products are certified to the USDA National Organic Program, which consumers trust to ensure the integrity of products labelled as organic.
No Animal Testing and Vegan
Dr. Bronner’s qualifies for the rabbit and stars logo of the Coalition for Consumer information on Cosmetics (CCIC). This logo certifies that the product and its ingredients are not tested on animals. The CCIC, a coalition of animal rights organizations, requires independent audit for confirmation. Dr. Bronner’s Castile Liquid and Bar Soaps do not contain animal products. Dr. Bronner’s has also obtained vegan certification from Vegan Action for all offerings that contain no animal-derived ingredients (this excludes lip and body balms), and the company is registered with the Vegan Society in the UK Vegetarian and animal welfare advocacy are a core focus of Dr. Bronner’s activism efforts.