Protect Your Nails This Winter with a Little Bit of ‘Magic’ From Dr. Bronner’s…
September 1, 2013
The winter months can be very aggressive on the hands; the colder climate can cause the skin to flake, making the nails fragile and brittle. So, this year show off your beautiful healthy nails with these top tips from Dr. Bronner’s:
- Use a hand sanitizer low in alcohol. Common hand sanitizers usually contain a 100% alcohol to help fight bacteria. But, as a result, it rips the nail’s natural moisture. The New Dr. Bronner’s Organic Hand Sanitizing Spray RRP £2.99 in Lavender, not only contains glycerine, which is a well know moisturiser but also Organic Lavender oil, which gentle leaves your hands hydrated and with a gorgeous smell.
- Use organic Soap: Soap with chemical nasties can have an extreme drying effect on the nails and using an organic and natural version can be much more hydrating. Find out which is the best formula (the bottle will let your know how strong it is) for cleaning your nails without stripping the foundation of the nail bed. The Dr. Bronner’s Shikakai soap in Baby Mild is perfect for extra sensitive skin and the mix of organic sugar and grape juice combined with unsurpassed castile soap base will add extra moisture to your cuticles.
- Perfect your stroke: Increase circulation. Believe it or not, how you apply your polish has a lot to do with how your manicure will look, and how healthy your nails will stay. Always apply even polish strokes from cuticle to tip to help them grow faster.
- Never bite your polish or use your nails as a tool. It will take the nail’s layers off, making your nails very vulnerable. If you can’t resist this habit, add a few chopped garlic gloves into a clear coat and apply over your nails. It will make them stronger and you won’t be tempted to bite them off!
- Don’t forget to moisture and massage: Apply a thick cream and massage the nails’ bed, this will increase the blood flow to your nails, which stimulates nail growth and keeps them healthier. You can also apply a coat of clear polish under your nails to avoid chippings and make them stronger.
- Use cuticle oil daily to keep your nails hydrated. A few drops of Vitamin E or olive oil will soothe damaged cuticle and will make your nails grow faster thanks to its natural properties.
Dr. Bronner’s is available nationwide including Liberty London, UK health stores and www.asos.com
It is also available on the UK website: www.drbronner.co.uk
For further press information, to receive samples or to arrange interviews with David or Michael Bronner please contact:
Lucy at The Spa PR Company
T: 020 7100 7018