Shipping Associate (Temp)
Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America, and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Starting Wage: $20.00/Hour
Benefits at a Glance
- Development & Training Programs
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You enjoy working with your hands and are not afraid to break a sweat for a good cause. You are highly capable of identifying, stacking, and transporting materials to their appropriate locations in a timely manner and can follow safety guidelines efficiently.
Your duties will include to:
- Identify and transport proper materials to production area for filling, labelling, and packaging.
- Lift, carry, and count cases to fill orders.
- Safely load/unload truck shipments in timely manner.
- Operate pallet jack, forklift, and pallet wrapper to efficiently move and organize materials.
- Maintain clean, orderly work area and be available to transport materials to offsite locations on occasion.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Ability to proficiently read, write and verbally communicate with supervisors and co-workers, and perform repetitious motion and activities for extended periods of work including lifting, standing, pulling/pushing and carrying large, sometimes/often times heavy, loads up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and follow verbal instructions, attention to detail and carry out safe work practices.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and completing work quickly and accurately.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Get To Know Us
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corp
- Organic fair trade food & body care products
- Executive salaries capped at 5:1 the lowest paid fully vested position
- At least 1/3 of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.