Quality Control In-Process Technician
Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Starting Salary: $26.00/Hour
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You take pride in your ability to closely follow procedures and analyze data with precise attention to detail. You’re familiar and comfortable with manufacturing compliance systems and evaluating finished products through laboratory testing.
In-Process & Finished Product Evaluation:
- Inspects finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Ensures all finished product packaging lot codes are correct and records findings, making sure corrective actions are taken when appropriate.
- Reviews, interprets, and evaluates analytical data for accuracy and procedural compliance.
- Performs laboratory tests as directed to verify production data.
- Supports the QC Supervisor in initiating rework, holds, and the release of finished products for official sale.
- Reviews and verifies completion of manufacturing in-process documentation such as start-up, in process, inspection, and end of run records for consistency.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to the production lead/supervisor.
- Initiates or responds to internal requests such as escalations for in-process or finished product inquiries.
Quality Document Preparation:
- Investigates and generates CAPA reports as needed in relation to escalations.
- Supports the QC Supervisor in creating COAs on approved templates.
- Reviews, enters, and maintains QC data in QMS Database System.
Out of Specification Investigation Support:
- Customer complaints: Identifies the day, shift, and location the product was made and filled, pulls and evaluates the retain sample(s). Provides feedback to QC Supervisor.
- Escalated Finished Product Nonconformance: Pulls retains as needed. Oversees a panel of evaluators and executes a double-blind test. Determines if the product can be released for sale or put-on QC Hold for further investigation and/or rework.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in a Technical, Scientific, or Manufacturing discipline.
- Two years of progressive experience in Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, or another related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or another related field.
- Two years of progressive experience in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment in a consumer-packaged-goods company.
- Knowledge of SQF, BRC, ANSI, and/or ISO standards or other third-party registered manufacturing facilities.
Get To Know Us
- Founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner
- Independent, family-owned
- Certified B-Corp
- Organic fair trade food & body care products
- Executive salaries capped at 5:1 the lowest paid fully vested position
- At least 1/3 of profits donated annually to activist and charitable efforts
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.